Professional Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) Program Admission Requirements
The College of Nursing is committed to creating an academically challenging and supportive educational community of students with diverse talents, experiences, viewpoints, and cultural backgrounds. The College is particularly interested in students who are highly motivated and demonstrate a distinguished level of scholarship, integrity, leadership and service to others. The College seeks students who are prepared to benefit from and contribute to a rigorous and diverse learning environment and contribute to a dynamic and culturally competent health care work force. Admission to the BSN Professional Program is highly competitive and students must typically maintain above a 3.4 GPA to be successful in the program. Students do not have to declare the Pre-Professional major in order to apply to the Professional Program, however it is strongly encouraged. The following requirements are the minimum required to apply.
BSN Professional Program Admission Requirements:
- Be admitted to the University of Arizona as a degree-seeking student. UA admission information (deadlines, applications and instructions) are available via the Office of Admissions
- Complete the College of Nursing online application, including a personal statement, work history and disclosure questionnaire (10% of the admission score)
- Completion of College of Nursing prerequisite courses with a grade of C or better in each course
- Maintain a minimum of a 3.0 GPA for prerequisite courses (45% of the admission score)
- Maintain a minimum of a 3.0 GPA for all post-secondary coursework completed (25% of the admission score)
- The highest candidates for admission will be asked to complete an interview via phone or in-person (20% of admission score)
Additional Application Steps:
- Applicants should note that an on-campus interview is required of top applicants approximately one month after each application deadline to be considered for admission. Phone or web based interviews are available for those unable to attend on-campus.
- Complete the BSN Application Checklist.
Application Deadlines for the BSN Professional Program
- February 1 for admission the following Fall semester. All prerequisite courses must be complete by June 1. No more than two prerequisites courses may be in progress at the time of application. Prerequisite courses that are in-progress must be passed with a minimum of a 'C' grade or higher. If enrolled at the time of application, students must maintain both a cumulative and prerequisite GPA above 3.0 after completion of any in-progress coursework.
- September 1 for admission the following spring semester. If enrolled at the time of application, students must maintain both a cumulative and prerequisite GPA above 3.0 after completion of any in-progress coursework.
For more information contact:
Office of Student Affairs
Location: College of Nursing, Room 112
Hours: Monday-Friday, 8:00 AM-5:00 PM
Phone: 520-626-3808 or 1-800-288-6158
Accreditation and Affiliations
The University of Arizona College of Nursing is nationally accredited by
the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education,
the Arizona State Board of Nursing,
and affiliated with
the American Association of Colleges of Nursing and the Western Institute of Nursing.
The University of Arizona College of Nursing has been recognized for the outstanding work of our faculty, students, staff and alumni. Below are some of our recent awards.