- Applicants must have a 3.0 minimum science grade point average (GPA). Be sure to include all biology, chemistry, physics, anatomy, physiology and pathophysiology courses in your calculation. Click here to calculate. Upload the completed document to the appropriate supplemental question in the application.
- Applicants must have at least one year (two years preferred) of current and continuous full-time critical care nursing experience in an adult or pediatric critical care setting (ICU).
- Critical care experience must be obtained in a critical care area within the United States, its territories or a U.S. military hospital outside of the United States.
- During this experience, the registered nurse has developed critical decision-making and psychomotor skills, competency in patient assessment and the ability to use and interpret advanced monitoring techniques.
- A critical care area is defined as one where, on a routine basis, the registered nurse manages one or more of the following: invasive hemodynamic monitors (such as pulmonary artery catheter, CVP, arterial), cardiac assist devices, mechanical ventilation and vasoactive infusions.
- Examples of critical care units may include, but are not limited to: surgical intensive care, cardiothoracic intensive care, coronary intensive care, medical intensive care, pediatric intensive care and neonatal intensive care.
- Those who have experience in other areas may be considered if they can demonstrate competence in managing unstable patients, invasive monitoring, ventilators and critical care pharmacology.
- Applicants must possess current Basic Life Support (BLS), Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS), Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) and CCRN certification.
Applicants must choose "UA Online" as their campus when completing the Graduate College's GradApp.
In 2015, the DNP Nurse Anesthesia Specialty was approved by the Council on Accreditation of Nurse Anesthesia Educational Programs.
Council on Accreditation of Nurse Anesthesia Educational Programs (COA)
222 S. Prospect Avenue
Park Ridge, Ill. 60068-4001
Main Number: 847-655-1160
COA Accredited Educational Programs
- Most recent graduating class attrition rate: 0%
- Employment rate within six months of graduation: coming soon
- First-time certification exam pass rate: 70%