Various forms of financial assistance are available. Typically, the majority of doctoral students receive some financial assistance in the first year and then, in subsequent years as funding allows. Funding opportunities include: GAANN Fellowships, Nurse Faculty Loan Program (NFLP), Advanced Education Nurse Traineeships (AENT), WRGP waivers, College Endowed Scholarships, Graduate College Fellowships and Tuition Scholarships. Over $2,000,000 in financial assistance was available for 2012-2013.
- File a FAFSA each year
- Register with Scholarship Universe for University Scholarships
- Review UA Graduate College scholarship resources
- Review financial aid resources at the UA Office of Student Financial Aid
- File a College of Nursing Scholarship Application
- Western Regional Graduate Program (WRGP): Through WRGP, residents of Alaska, California, Colorado, Hawaii, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, North Dakota, Oregon, South Dakota, Utah, Washington and Wyoming are eligible to enroll in the College of Nursing PhD and DNP programs at resident tuition rates. Students need not meet financial aid criteria.
For more information contact:
Office of Student Support & Community Engagement
Location: College of Nursing, Room 112
Hours: Monday-Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Phone: (520) 626-3808 or 1-800-288-6158