This certificate program prepares licensed healthcare professionals to assume the role of care coordinator within the complex healthcare system of the 21st century and attain the professional competencies necessary to manage transitions and coordinate care for individuals and populations. A case-based, interactive approach to learning is included to deliver foundational knowledge, professional skills, and clinical practice applications. With additional clinical experience in the role of care coordinator, professional nurse graduates of this program are prepared to take the Care Coordination and Transition Management (CCCTM) certification exam offered by the American Academy of Ambulatory Care Nursing and the MSNCB Certification Board. For eligibility requirements, domains of the exam, and up to date exam information, visit the CCCTM certification exam page.
- Total number of courses: 12
- Total number of contact hours: 84
- Delivery: Self-paced and asynchronous
- Suggested program duration: 6 months
- Suggested minimum completion commitment: 2 courses per month
Participants receive a certificate and contact hours for individual courses. A certificate of program completion will be provided upon successful completion of the twelve courses. Courses are completed sequentially.
Please review the program syllabus before registering.
Program Outcomes & Requirements
Upon completion of this program, participants will be able to:
- Differentiate and apply population health and transition management models to improve the patient care experience and healthcare outcomes, including quality, safety, and utilization outcomes.
- Systematically collect comprehensive and focused data that identify health needs and concerns of a patient, group, or population as they move across the care continuum.
- Critically analyze assessment data to determine patient-centered issues, concerns, and degree of risk in order to facilitate the appropriate level of care across the care continuum.
- Identify expected outcomes specific to the patient, group, or population across the care continuum.
- Develop an evidence-informed patient and/or population-centered plan of care to attain expected outcomes.
- Use effective communication techniques to successfully motivate, educate and coach patients/families to improve health promotion/risk reduction self-care.
- Effectively collaborate with interprofessional healthcare colleagues to improve health outcomes and systems effectiveness.
- Effectively broker community resources to improve health outcomes of patients, families, and populations.
- Evaluate individual or systems outcomes to determine progress toward goals.
- Practice in an ethical and culturally relevant manner that promotes safe and responsive care across the care continuum.
- Unit completion, lesson completion, and participation in all units and activities as evidenced by the LMS metrics and monitored by UACNE staff
- Attainment of a minimum score of 80% on the activity assess
- Completion of an online evaluation
The University of Arizona Continuing Nursing Education is an approved provider of continuing nursing education by the Western Multi-State Division, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
There are two ways to register:
- Register for the Program | Register for the entire program and save over 10% versus registering for courses individually.
- Register by the Course | Register for each course "as you go". Scroll down to the course list to access each registration link.
Please note that when you register by the course, you are registering for open courses in our catalog. By registering for courses individually you assume responsibility for completing the courses in the order listed below.
Professional Care Coordination Courses
- Introduction to Care Coordination | $200 | Register
- Systems Thinking and US Healthcare | $160 | Register
- Healthcare Financing | $80 | Register
- Continuum of Care | $160 | Register
- Introduction to Integrative Care | $160 | Register
- Health Information Technology | $160 | Register
- Interprofessional Communications | $160 | Register
- Motivational Interviewing | $160 | Register
- Coaching Skills and Process | $80 | Register
- Health Literacy & Patient Education | $80 | Register
- Brokering in Care Coordination | $80 | Register
- Care Coordination in Practice | $200 | Register