Does sugar feed cancer? Do antioxidants interfere with chemotherapy and radiotherapy? Is soy contraindicated for breast cancer? Join Michael Uzick, ND, FABNO, medical director of Genesis Natural Medicine Center, to discuss controversial “natural” concepts and examine evidence that supports integrating naturopathic medical therapies in standard oncology care. Using an integrative team approach, the psychospiritual aspect of care will be examined in a case presentation.
- Describe the training and roles of a naturopathic oncologist
- Interpret research integrating "natural therapies" with conventional oncology care
- Describe studies on soy consumption in patients with breast cancer
- Analyze evidence about the impact of sugar consumption on cancer
- Describe the process of referring patients to naturopathic oncologists
Continuing Nursing Education (1.0 Contact Hour)
The University of Arizona Continuing Nursing Education is an approved provider of continuing nursing education by the Western Multi-State Division, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation. Participants must complete the evaluation at http://cne.nursing.arizona.edu/evaluations.
Live-stream is available for this event. Please select your device:
Co-sponsored by the Office of Professional and Community Engagement at the University of Arizona College of Nursing and the Arizona Center for Integrative Medicine
Event Contact: Michael Principe (520) 626-6151