- Complete the relevant form: Application for Human Research or Application for Retrospective Records Review. The forms can be found at http://orcr.arizona.edu/hspp. The template for consent documents can also be found at this site.
- Submit the completed form and supporting documents via e-mail to Alice Pasvogel (Office of Nursing Research) at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All material must be included to facilitate the review process. The Principal Investigator will be notified if there are any concerns or recommended revisions.
- If the project is funded or pending review for funding, include a complete copy of the grant application. If the project has been funded, also include a copy of the Notice of Grant Award.
- For students, the faculty advisor needs to sign the form and submit the Checklist for Faculty Advisor
- The Office of Nursing Research will send the material to the College of Nursing Departmental Review Committee.
- The Departmental Review Committee will review the material and the Principal Investigator will be notified if there are any concerns or recommended revisions. One of the Committee members will review the changes and sign for Scientific/Scholarly Review.
- The Office of Nursing Research will obtain the signature for Department/Center/Section Review and send the documents to the University of Arizona Human Subjects Protection Program. If applicable, signatures from Native American Review must be obtained prior to submission of the form to the Human Subjects Protection Program.
- The Human Subject Protection Program will notify the PI of approval for the project or the need for changes. The consenting document(s) with an IRB approval stamp indicating approval/expiration dates will be returned with the HSPP Correspondence Form.
- Allow at least 3 months for the process from submission of the material to the Office of Nursing Research to approval of the project.
Only consenting documents which bear a valid IRB approval stamp can be used for enrollment of research subjects.
ALL SIGNED CONSENT FORMS ARE TO BE SUBMITTED TO THE OFFICE OF NURSING RESEARCH (Room 410) FOR STORAGE.